Your event can change the future of your community.
Third Party Event Ideas
Piggy backing on an existing event that you are already a part of. Does your company, community group or place of worship host an annual party, sports tournament, dinner or team building event? Consider taking a pre-existing event, adding a fundraising element and making United Way of Peel Region a beneficiary.
Executing a new event from scratch. Planning and executing a new fundraising event is always exciting and rewarding. Examples can range from small event such as hosting a pancake breakfast to dress down days at work, hosting a yard sale or silent auction to planning a gala or golf tournament.
Giving a portion of proceeds. Do you own a business or know someone that has one and wants to give back? Designate a specific time period where a portion of proceeds from a particular item or service go back to United Way of Peel Region. Examples could include almost anything from the proceeds of coffee sales to the percentage of sales from clothing. The possibilities are endless!
How we can help you
At United Way of Peel Region, we are here to assist you in planning and executing a successful fundraising event.
We can help by:
- Providing event planning expertise and advice
- Promoting your event through United Way’s social media channels such as Twitter (5,000+ followers) and Facebook (700+) and through Way to Go!, our online newsletter which has 26,000+ subscribers
- Providing United Way of Peel Region information brochures, pamphlets and posters Attendance of representative from United Way of Peel Region, when appropriate and available (to make a speech, take pictures, for a cheque presentation)
- Providing your organization with recognition through a thank you letter from United Way of Peel Region, a certificate of recognition (suitable for framing), a thank you via our social media channels and a space in our online newsletter which recognizes your organization’s efforts
Unfortunately we are not able to:
- Reimburse any event expenses
- Guarantee attendance or volunteers at your event
- Issue tax receipts for third party events with the exception of monetary donations made to United Way of Peel Region (speak to our staff for clarification)
- Share our mailing lists
- Solicit our corporate partners for sponsorship or any other in kind or monetary gifts
- Assist with applications for gaming licenses or insurance of any kind
- It is the event organizer’s responsibility to communicate to volunteers, sponsors and participants that United Way of Peel Region is the beneficiary of the event and not conducting the event
- All publicity (including media releases, interviews, promotional materials, etc.) for the proposed event should be distributed to United Way of Peel Region
- United Way of Peel Region will not assume any financial or legal liability along with any damages that may incur at the event
- The event organizer will acquire all essential insurance, permits and licenses
Let's Work Together!
Need help or advice on how to execute a successful event? For assistance on how to create a fundraising action plan, contact:
Tania Grafstein-Ho, Manager, Corporate Events and Sponsorship at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-356-4986