The Young Leaders Council is a group of individuals aged 20-35 years old who are active and emerging leaders working together to promote the engagement of our generation within Peel Region. We empower Peel's emerging leaders to strengthen the community and inherit the future of United Way of Peel Region.
The Young Leaders Council focuses on three key themes, described as roles within the community:
Connector: Link youth, youth organizations, and non-profit organizations in the Region of Peel to provide support and leadership to youth-led organizations, connect youth to services and engage youth in our community.
Voice: Represent youth on youth issues in the Region of Peel, promote the role of youth-led organizations in the community, and enable advocacy efforts for and by youth.
Thinker: Develop and nurture awareness of and thinking around new ideas on youth issues, youth engagement, and community services as they relate to youth.
Leave a Legacy
We understand the personal, social and professional rewards you are seeking. We have no doubt that there is a volunteer, awareness or donation opportunity that will inspire you to get involved.
Low Time Committment
- Show your commitment to building a caring, connected community by making a donation to United Way.
- Sign up to receive email updates on YLC activities and opportunities to volunteer during events.
Medium Time Committment
There are several subcommittees that you can get involved with.
- Communications and Design: assist in the promotion of YLC activities and enhance the UW’s communications impact within the Region of Peel.
- Community Connections: Develop opportunities for young leaders to volunteer, fundraise, and collaborate on community projects.
- Leadership Development: Develop opportunities for young leaders to learn about social issues across Peel and UW’s stance and provide platforms for the young adult voice and dialogue.
- Events and Fundraising: Develop and plan YLC core events with the goal of educating YLC members about UW, gaining new members, and providing social and networking opportunities.
- Youth in Action Grants: Plan, promote and review the Youth in Action Grants, a grant opportunity available for youth of ages 14 to 24 to lead and implement community projects.
- Youth Campaigns: Promote and engage young people under the age of 20 to organize creative fundraising initiatives, and help plan the annul Youth Spirit Awards.
- GenNext Ambassador Network: Help initiate a UW workplace ambassador program at your workplace that engages with UW initiatives and showcases young professionals (ages 20 to 35) across Peel.
High Time Committment
The Executive Members are elected by the YLC membership during the YLC General Meeting each spring. Participation typically requires attendance and participation at monthly Executive meetings and leading and coordinating monthly committee meetings. Members should not miss more than three meetings per calendar year. Available positions are recruited for in the spring.
- Chair: The Chair provides leadership to the YLC Executive.
- Vice Chair: Supports the Chair in providing leadership to the Young Leaders Council Executive.
- Executive: Executive members of the YLC include the leaders of each of the YLC committees.
- Member-at-Large: Members-at-Large participate on the YLC Executive Committee by providing general support to YLC activities but do not lead a committee.
How to get involved!
There are several different ways you can get involved with the Young Leaders Council.
Check us out on Facebook
Contact us at 905-602-3623 or email@example.com for more information about current events or volunteer opportunities.
List of members
MembersYuki Micha Djaja