The Bhayana Family Foundation Awards recognize extraordinary contributions made by frontline staff members who work at United Way of Peel Region funded agencies. These peer-nominated awards showcase the remarkable dedication, creativity and team spirit that is essential to creating a better community for all of us.
The Awards are made possible thanks to a generous donation from Raksha M. Bhayana and the Bhayana Family Foundation. As a former member of United Way Toronto’s Board of Trustees, Raksha is a dedicated community volunteer and a passionate champion for the recognition of frontline workers who make a difference in the community every day.
On behalf of the United Way family we would like to express our admiration and gratitude to Madan and Raksha and the Bhayana Family Foundation.
Awards will be given to acknowledge achievements in each of the following categories:
- Dedication: $3,000 (3 awards, $1,000 for each award)
- Innovation & Creativity: $3,000 (3 awards, $1,000 for each award)
- Leadership: $2,000 (2 awards, $1,000 for each award)
All nominees will be invited to attend the award ceremony at UWPR Annual General Meeting held on June 27, 2017. Award winners will be announced and recognized at the ceremony with a certificate of recognition and a monetary award.
- Open to all permanent or contract frontline or support staff members who work at least 20 hours a week at agencies funded by United Way of Peel Region
- Frontline staff members are defined as those who provide direct services to clients and are not in supervisory roles. Support staff members are defined as those who support the daily operations of the organization and are not in supervisory roles.
- Achievements cover the time period from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016
- The staff person being nominated must have been with the agency since January 1, 2016
- No self-nominations nor nominations of family members
- Employees may nominate their peers but downward nominations are not allowed
- An individual cannot be nominated in multiple categories, so choose the category that suits their achievements best
- Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 5, 2017, at 5 p.m.
- Please be as specific as possible when completing the form(s) to help the selection panel make its decision. Short sentences/bullet points are encouraged
- United Way of Peel Region reserves the right to use all information provided to further promote the work of United Way and its funded agencies.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a selection panel comprised of volunteers: United Way Board/Committee member(s); Non-funded Agency member(s); United Way Donor(s); United Way Volunteer(s); and United Way Staff member(s)
- Only fully completed applications will be considered by the selection panel; the panel may disallow those that do not meet minimum eligibility criteria
- All information provided will be verified by contacting the nominee’s supervisor. Following verification, the recipients will be contacted to confirm their acceptance of nominations
Questions & Feedback
We welcome your feedback. Please email at email@example.com.